Saturday, August 9, 2008

Faster than a guacomole rabbit and acorns





First of all I just have to say I love that dimpled face...and the photo isn't too bad, if I do say so myself. Little urchin :) No matter how often this boy is cleaned he rarely looks it, so a mostly clean face is remarkable in our world.

We went up to Rigby Lake a couple of weeks ago. Actually, the first day Hunter was at Scout Camp. You know, back when it was only $2 to park for awhile. Now it's $5. I am pretty sure that unless we plan to make a huge event out of it, we won't be paying $5 to catch whatever cooties are floating around. Now, I am not saying that there are cooties at this time, but I am saying that paying to park somewhere that you know kids are peeing, fish can bite you (it was such a good idea to add fish...nothing like a good rusted hook in your foot to make you appreciate the sport...) and really, there have been times where cooties have been found (remember last year? Cooties from here to SLC) Maybe it's the sand we love so much...we seem to bring a lot of it home with us...can I just note that these pics were taken AFTER the boys had rinsed? Twice. And my boys do in fact wear swim shirts. All four of them. You see boy #3, in the red, has his momma's skin and it burns. Not pretty. So, all my boys get them...in fact they aske for them. Makes me a little less paranoid (and yes, I do still slather them in spf 50)
Summer is almost over for us and I am sad. It seems that there is never enough time in the summer to do all the things I want to with the boys. We missed swimming lessons...now football has started for Hunter and soccer and flag football will begin soon for Carson and Tyler.
As Tyler put it, time has passed faster than a guacomole rabbit and acorns...have I ever mentioned this kid cracks me up?

No comments: