Wednesday, December 31, 2008
The first I year (2007) I chose the word 'balance.'
Last year my word was 'harmony.'
I am trying to decide between two words today...'nurture' and 'grace.'
It's kind of fun to choose this as a goal. As something to strive for throughout the year. Something to look forward to and even attain.
I am not balanced, but I am better at recognizing what needs to be more in focus.
I am not in harmony, but I know when I am completely out of harmony and what I need to do to get there.
As a mom and business person I am trying to nurture my family and my business.
As a woman I am trying to find grace.
So, will you choose a word?
What will it be and why?
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Then I got creative and made a mini book and looked at things to order for the store and got distracted by Bonnie ;) and didn't one done.
Maybe tomorrow. Then I will share Bonnie's fantastic popcorn-y treat with you.
You know how I loves my popcorn.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
This is the view as we cross the RR tracks...I love it, it is such a reminder for whatever season we are in...as you can tell.
The poinsettia is from my brother. It is HUGE. I think it must be three feet across. It's nice to have a brother who works at one of my favorite places :) (Town and Country if anyone is wondering)
Carson and Hunter drew each others names for Christmas. Hunter carved a shark for my shark boy and Carson and my dad put together this box for Hunter's HAM radio equipment.
Friday, December 26, 2008
430 get home from my store and Walmart the scariest place on earth on Christmas eve
715 finally get the &$%# cake frosted and head to Tootie's and Lori and Larry's for Christmas Eve traditional dinner of ham, funeral potatos and green beans. I brought dessert this year (red velvet cake and chocolate cake balls mmmmmmmgooooood...both were new recipes) Janet brought salad....this was yummy too.
1040 head home to finish up Christmas stuff
1am remember something is still in the cupboard at the store...Jeff goes to get it.
December 25, 2008
5am go to bed after a night of revelry and frantic sewing...and a bloody nose on the 9 yo.
6am boys get up. Jeff finds them staring at the Christmas gifts under the tree with eyes as big as saucers. Boys are threatened within an inch of their life if they wake us before 730
729 heard in the hall outside our bedroom "one minute guys...Tyler and Carson take mom, Quinton you wake up dad"
730 'MOM DAD it's CHRISTMAS AND IT'S 730 WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
740 boys have finally convinced us it is in fact time.
830 new movie in the dvd player we go in for a nap
1020 boys heard arguing, I give up and get out of bed to make breakfast.
12n Jeff gets out of bed
6pm put chicken in crock pot to roast
7pm we leave our house to take gifties to grandparents
825 Tyler says 'I'm so sad that Christmas is over.' Quinton replies 'don't worry, buddy, it will come again next year.' I start laughing because a) we never say 'buddy' and b) Q is only 3
10pm get home snack on DELICIOUS roasted chicken and stuffing...
11pm convince Q to lay down by me as boys watch Johnny Lingo remake...not sure about this one, I am a die hard original fan
12 mn I think the boys came in to say goodnight.
I really slacked on the picture taking this year, but I have some of everyone, so that's a good thing.
The boys of course made out like bandits.
Jeff and I didn't do too badly.
In case you are wondering, I did not finish all of the things I was working on. Jeff and I just got fabric in boxes because I ran out of time. And I need to edge Tyler's blanket.
And finish Christmas cards.
I hope all of you had a fantastic day!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Here's the deal. If you don't get better soon, I am not coming home.
I have too much to finish to get sick...
Wait, this will sound better:
Get out of bed and help me clean...
No that's not quite right either. Maybe this:
I realize that the joy of the holiday season is to be spent with those you love surrounding you. However, as Hunter puts it, I am fed up with the 'sick germs of love' and if you want your gifties you will vacuum, clean and get well...
This is just not coming out the way I want it to...
I love you all and will be home soon.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I am looking for a book. It's one I had a little and I have no idea what the title is. I know it was about Santa and his workshop and there was an illustration of just him on the front...the inside (remember, I am on the verge, so the memory is fading) had one illustration of him in a rocking chair, there was one in his workshop, one of him reading a lsit of names...anyone? Please? I know it's not a lot of help, my descriptions, but I am kind of looking for this book.
I am feeling nostalgic today.
I have lost two grandparents.
My Grandpa Dale (as we call him for the kids) died 12 years ago. Hunter had just turned 6 months and he had a heart attack the Tuesday after Thanksgiving it was late that year.) He died 2 days later in the ICU (one reason I can never be an ICU nurse) and I miss him. My mom and I were talking this morning about candy and recipes (I was asking AGAIN for her molasses cookie recipe...it's soooo yummy!) and she started talking about divinity that she and my Grandma had seen at the Candy Cottage. I started laughing because one of the reasons Jeff gave me a kitchen aid is because at Christmas I was going through like two mixers a year on making divinity. The boys will eat it, Jeff says it's too sweet (I know, but he doesn't liek circus peanuts or cotton candy either...it's weird!) but I LOVE it. Apparently, so did my Grandpa. He used to ask me to buy him jelly beans every time he stopped by. He said if he bought them he would get in trouble, but if I did it was a gift :) I will be making divinity soon and thinking of him every bite I take.
Grandma Taylor (or Grandma Lila for the boys) died almost 4 years ago. She had been fighting cancer for 3 years and it had finally metastisized too much for any chemo to fight. She died gracefully with her family around her just before she turned 81. Grandma used to have this blue ceramic glazed bowl that I love (and really hope I get someday) that was always filled with hard candies. You know, the ones that are so nasty that you eat a ton of them just knowing your teeth are falling out? The ribbon shaped ones and rootbeer ones and cinnamon ones... I found a small container of them at Walmart last night. I think I will jazz the container up and set it on my table for my boys in her honor. I miss her. She had 7 children, 6 of which were boys and I really would love to have her advice sometimes! Q was 2 months old before she got to meet him, she had just been too ill. But I remember how she glowed the day she saw him and got to hold him for the first (and last) time. She loved babies.
Having sick kids has been a bit of a blessing, I guess. Yesterday I finished a family blanket. It was really simple, I just enveloped a piece of fleece and some flannel...the fleece has a sports theme, so I figure it will go into the truck for the sports seasons ahead. We will do a few family movies to go with it as well.
I have Hunter's top part sewn, Carson's top sewn, Q's is half done and I will finish up Ty's today. I need to cut and sew the one for Jeff (I hope it's long enough!) and get the fabric for two smaller ones and the backing for those two, mine and Jeff's. Luckily Joann's is having a sale.
Last night Hunter told me at 630 that he needed a gifty for his band party...of course, me being home with two sick ones I chose to create instead of shower, so I showered off really fast, finished my chicken noodle soup so the others could eat (um, yeah, by the way, Jeff has strep. Nice!) and we headed out to Porters for sewing needles (my machine was tired after a full day without breaks) and then Home Depot for family and VT gifts and then Walmart for him to get his friend gifts and the band doodad.
So today I am cutting vinyl for those, finishing up what blankets I can and going to a cookie exchange tonight.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I will make that my goal for next year.
So the other day Jeff and the boys were talking about the constitution and gun control (I truly have NO idea how this all came about...maybe that's a good thing?) and Jeff asked the boys if they understood the right to bear arms. Carson's answer 'the right to wear tank tops' :)
Yesterday I was home when the boys got there and was able to thwart their attempts and turning on the TV prior to getting homework and jobs done (this is a HUGE issue in our house) and told the boys to make their beds. Now, I am one of those lazy people who feels top sheets are unneccessary. We all have a blanket and a bedspread. It's fast and the boys don't struggle with it nearly as much as when we used the top sheets. Plus, it's warmer.
Carson appeared confused (granted, he was doing math so that could have been it) and asked what I meant (his sheet was on and the bedspread was on the bed, so what could I possibly mean?) and I said that all he needed to do was straighten everything so it looked nice. His reaply...'oh, so you want me to stretch it?'
He has always said 'hedabout' instead of 'what about.' I think that has to do with his hearing problems, but it still makes me smile...like when Tyler says 'bether' instead of better.
He likes to argue about who loves who more :)
He will go to bed without telling anyone.
He loves that he looks so much like his dad.
He loves fishing. Anytime, anywhere. Just mention it and he will do anything asked.
He is a really good helper.
I like this boy a lot.
Love him, even.
It makes me feel more Christmas-y.
I have one blanket top finished.
I ordered two gifties for two boys.
I have a good solid idea for Christmas cards.
I have three sick kids and a sick husband...which means I have no sleep.
I am still feeling cheerful despite it all :)
I think it has to do with the lovely snow and having yesterday off.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Last week H was home off and on with various complaints...he is still complaining, but after missing so much school work (and Jeff forgetting to pick up his books) he is determined to go.
Carson is feeling better.
Tyler has a cronic case of procrastinationitis.
Q is the one that is making me crazy. Lately he hasn't been going to sleep AT ALL or really late. Last night it was 10 by the time he was in bed for good (we started this process at 730...where is Super Nanny???) and he was up at 1130 with a nasty fever and sad little cough. Poor punkin. Lucky for me, I don't want to take him out so I am actually getting a few things done today.
Maybe I can cross a few things off my list. And MAYBE I can convince this boy he wants to take a nap in my room :)
Hopefully if everyone is getting ill now, we will be healthy for Christmas!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Okay, here is my check list...the ones with an asterisk are the things I have accomplished so far...
*Buy fabric for boys' blankets
Buy batting for blankets
Buy fabric for Grandma and Tootie
Buy batting for Grandma and Tootie
Buy ________ gift for boys
Buy_________gift for boys
Buy 12x12 tiles
*Buy 6x6 tiles
Cut vinyl for 12x12 tiles (x7)
Cut vinyl for 6x6 tiles (x7)
Design Christmas cards
Write Christmas letter
Find addresses (this could be hard since our Christmas stuff flooded last June...did I ever thank that boy for causing the flood? I ought to)
Plan Primary birthday party
Sew blankets together (you thought I would forget this part!)
Make sure Santa has the lists
Figure out a Jeff gifty
Make neighbor gifts
Call Lori about Christmas Eve and what to bring
See, almost done.
And oddly, I am fine with it :)
Friday, December 5, 2008
1.What color is your tooth brush? red and white, I just got a new one
2. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? watching Harry Potter with Jeff
3. What is your favorite candy bar? babe ruth
4. Have you ever been to a strip club? I am the strip club...okay, maybe not and no I haven't
5. What is the last thing you said aloud? I'm going to go watch Survivor (on the laptop, which I haven't because I found a bright shiny thing instead and was distracted)
6. What is the best ice cream flavor? I have to choose? Um, mint chip or chocolate chocolate chip haagen dazs
7. What is the last thing you had to drink? water
8. What are you wearing right now? jammies of a sort, remember I am supposed to be watching Survivor
9. What was the last thing you ate? brownies for tomorrow night
10. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? last Saturday I did...
11. When was the last time you ran? probably chasing Q at the store
12. Who was the last person to send you a message/comment on your blog? Email was Bonnie, comment was LaTisha
13. Do you take vitamins daily? I should but I am sporadic
14. Do you go to church every Sunday? mostly
15. Do you have a tan? have you met me? My last good tan was in 1993.
16. Do you like Chinese food over pizza? probably not
17. Do you drink soda with a straw? Yes, other wise if you take off the lid it spills
18. What does your last text message say? I think it said 'from which account' and it was from Jeff...to someone was me telling Jeff I was hungry and needed food and a coke
19. Are you someones best friend? maybe. I'm not a very good friend, I love to be a friend, but I don't have (or make) much time for friends...they all have to be very understanding as I hardly am home and prefer to be there (unless it's card club...)
20. What are you doing tomorrow? it's the store's birthday, so I will be at the store teaching a class and frantically worrying about whether or not I will get home in time to take santa pics and finish dessert. or maybe talk Jeff into closing so I can do that as I think he has only taken like 4 shots with my camera
21. Where is your dad? at home actually
2. Look to your left, what do you see? my armpit...the joys of wireless internet and a laptop...I can lay down and do my blog or check websites...
23. What color is your favorite pair of shoes? I am an equal opportunity shoe lover...I think you can never have too many and I need more
24. Do you use chap stick? Jeff's if I do, but I am more of a gloss girl
25. Whats your favorite thing to do in your free time? What exactly is free time?
26. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? drive through which freaks Jeff out because he swears you should always go in to order and I argue that they wouldn't have a drive through window if they didn't want you to use it
27. Do you have a dog? I wish, no time for a dog
28. Last guy you talked on the phone with? Hunter (as he was leaving for his campout) or my dad...can't remember it was about the same time
29. Last girl you talked on the phone with? my mom
30. Any fun vacation plans soon? hopefully CHA winter...anyone want to go? but I'm not sure of that counts as a vacation
31. Do you dye your hair? of course, I am on the verge, folks, that grey just keeps coming!
32. Can you say the alphabet backwards? Yes
33. Do you have a maid service clean your house? Ha! have you seen my house?
34. Are you jealous of anyone? yes, it's my vice, or one of them
35. Do you love anyone? I do
36. Do any of your friends have children? most of them
37. Do you use the word Hello daily? yes, often sarcastically
38. Do you like cats? yes, I have two. Lainey the fat old lady and Gryffin...yes, his real name is Gryffindor, thank you for asking and he is a punk
39. Have you ever been to six flags? not yet
40. How did you get your worse scar? my appendix is the biggest, it was before the fancy lap appy came to be
41. What is your favorite smell? my boys...preferably clean especially Jeff right out of the shower
42. What is the last DVD you watched? on purpose? Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown was on at the store for Q, but I think I watched Kung Fu Panda last...can't wait til the 16th for Mamma Mia! Maybe it was Lord of the Rings...
243. Have you ever been to Disney world? no, but CHA summer is in Orlando!! Anyone???
44. What is your favorite number? 13
45. Do you toast your pop tarts? yes
46. Have you ever waited tables? no, but I worked at a deli and bussed tables after people ate
47. Where did you have your first kiss? Eagle Rock (that's where the guy I liked went to school, I was 14 and he snuck it in. It freaked me out and I didn't kiss anyone again for like thee years)
48. What should you be doing? sleeping, it is a precious commodity these days
49. Do you enjoy wasting time blogging? I think it is a great way to waste time
50. Who do you want to tag? Hilary, Joy, Billie, Tammie although most of you will see this on Julie's blog and do it anyway :)
I don't know if my comments will show up if I am not using HTML, but in case they do, how can you NOT appreciate the fashions of the 80's?
You know, when hair on super hot guys was cut into a bowl or permed past all recognition...when sweatshirts were the height of fashion :)
And talk about our environment...how much damage came about from the gazillions of cans of hairspray used in the video alone :)
Now, we all know NO one can sing like Bono...he makes my heart burst, and the part where Simon LeBon comes in...love it. Oh and Sting...pitter pat!
There is nothing like the original :)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Fast forward a long time (from say 16 years old to say over 30-ish) and I am surrounded by guys and have a boy with braces (righty and blue eyed) and a lefty with the most gorgeous whiskey colored eyes who melts my heart. Talk about luck! I love that he is a lefty.
I love that he runs and kicks (or dribbles) consistently with his left foot (he's actually stunningly good) and writes with his left hand, eats with his left hand, throws with his left hand (has anyone ever noticed how HARD it is to find a mitt during baseball season for someone other than a righty???) brushes his cute little teeth with his left hand...I love all of it.
Except the paper cutting thing.
Granted he is only 3 and 5/6ths so it will come, but it's confusing me! I know that there will be many challenges and a huge learning curve, but I am honestly so glad to have this lefty boy! My husband is still cursing and trying to find that left footed soccer ball...
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
His wife is extremely worried and I am sure his whole family could use the prayers. This is a pretty painful and complex surgery, if you are up to it, please pray for them...Charlie and Jeri Taylor.
Is it rude to say 'it's about time' even if it has only been a week?
Carson has been fighting a virus (although at one point after vomiting he told me he thought that he had gotten rid of the virus because it was a different color) and thankfully, did not have appendicitis, although he was tested for it.
Jeff has had some kind of bug, completely different than Carson and Quin's.
Quin was cranky and tired form a cold (he's still cranky, but I think it's because if he isn't in bed by 7:30 he is up until 10...not by MY choice!)
Thanksgiving is a whole nother post.
I have now cut all the parts to the boys' blankets...they just need to be put back together (why is it that we take apart perfectly good fabric just to put it back together?)
I have their 2nd gifts purchased (except one small part) and need to figure out what the third gift will be for each of them.
Yes, this year they are all getting 3 gifts from us. That's it. We figure the Jolly Man will bring one, plus the stocking stuffer, they have all drawn names and will make something for that selected brother and between their Grand and Great Grand parents, they will have plenty.
We have more than enough 'stuff' in our house.
On a more random note...
Hunter had a Court of Honor last night. Is it rude to say I kind of like that they only have a couple a year? I think quarterly or less is perfect! Plus it's only an hour :) Can we do it with Cub Scouts? All these boys are so fun, but pack meeting for the next 8 years could do me in.
I haven't started my Christmas cards. Nope. Not at all, at all.
But I have an idea. And I have my letter rough drafted.
They may go out this year.
My sister brought me lunch today.
Bonnie brought me Coke.
My VT brought me a gift and lesson.
It's a good day...people seem to like me :)
I have new papers to put and and figure where they go.
A fun project in mind.
I just need to stop procrastinating.
I would like it to snow.
Tomorrow night is card club and I can't wait because I have missed the past couple.
Off to get some stuff done. Ha :)
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
That I am closing early today.
That Jeff may be getting off early.
That I am able to figure out the answers to some problems (like, if two of my kids are sick and we are having dinner at another home what do I do...just sayin' IF that were to happen, say, tomorrow...)
That I can make HUGE long lists and cross a couple of things off.
I'm sure there is more, I just had to remind myself there were a few things right now, to be thankful for.
Did I mention heat? I am thankful for heat. Very thankful.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Here we go:
6 TV shows I like to watch:
Only 6? please know that I NEVER get to watch them when they originally air. Ever.
3. The Mentalist
4. CSI anything (mostly Miami cause Horatio cracks me up)
6. Brothers and Sisters
6 restaurants I like to eat at:
1. Cheesecake Factory
2. Cold Stone Creamery :)
3. Johnny Carino's
4. Texas Roadhouse
5. Outback (just their cheesefries and dessert)
6 things that happened today:
to be fair, I got home really late from Twilight and then Jen and I talked until like 2...I am tired and have a sleep deprivation headache that is a combination of going to bed late and Carson (who NEVER comes in to our room) sleeping with us from 3 on...yeah, I mean HE slept.
1. I showered
2. I got Q some oatmeal
3. I came to work
4. I helped customers
5. I played with a couple of projects (note: I did not COMPLETE them)
6. I read blogs
6 things I am looking forward to:
1. Getting on with the holiday season
2. a nap after church tomorrow...wait, am I going VT? I should find out.
3. making dessert tomorrow :)
4. starting and finishing my boys' quilts (okay, Hunter's is started and I have the fabric for Carson)
5. snow on the ground to play in
6. two days off next week :)
6 things on my wishlist
1. a finished basement
2. all my bills paid
3. ALL of my kids to sleep ALL night long in their own bed. So far this week Hunter is the only one to accomplish that.
4. Mamma Mia for Christmas
5. a new lens for my camera
6. a new camera (ha! can anyone see Jeff's eyes roll besides me?)
6 people to tag:
4. Lori J.
5. Lori N.
Okay, off to help another customer and figure out papers for a fun advent...yes, Tammie, I am working on one for you for a class. Do you want an actual clock or can it be something else?
So, the other night we were all in the living room and (go figure) the subject of sports came up. We were discussing whether or not poker or bowling or gorging yourself with food were sports. Tyler the jock boy, who must have been a bit tired, said "Wake me up when sleeping and eating watermelon are sports."
Now, this boys LOVES watermelon. He will eat it for days. And days. And days. If we go to the store and a watermelon is on display he begs us to buy it. He has asked for them for his birthday (poor March boy, no watermelons) and when we go to Sizzler he will eat a gagillion eleventy pieces of watermelon, five chicken pieces and ice cream. One of Jeff's friends works at Sizzler as manager and he will just bring a plate to the table when he sees Ty. Yes, we are afraid of our food bill when he gets a little older. Very afraid!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
So as a result of this and the fact that there are occasions when H likes to antagonize Q, plus the fact that three big brothers are there to influence (for good and evil) Q has started calling names. I do not condone this and turn my head or leave the room when the ability to hold my laughter is in jeopardy, however, someone usually laughs. Which just causes more of said behavior. It's a viscious cycle.
So lately Q has been calling people "ah-dorable" in his angry voice. Yes, folks, there is really little one can do when the three year old is so angry he calls his oldest brother adorable.
You must laugh. So we do. Which just infuriates him even more and leads to more name calling of the adorable sort...see, viscious cycle.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Friday, November 7, 2008
It didn't suck.
Most of the teachers had funny stories about my smart, confident, participatory 12 year old.
I kind of enjoy it.
Makes me want to brag (just a little) about his 3.916 gpa (he missed a 4.0 because he had an 89% in algebra...sheesh get to work, slacker boy ;) ) His teacher said he should be doing better and that he can achieve a 4.0.
In other news. I love rain. It's a good thing, eh?
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
It was deer season. Yes, my friends, we got married then because Jeff had 3 weeks off for deer hunting. It was the last year he got a deer.
Perhaps his luck ran out when his fiance cried her way up the aisle.
And Desi, did you notice that NONE of them look like me? Poor kids all look like their dad :)
Good thing I like how he looks.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
It makes me feel grateful. Grateful that I have these boys in my life, the opportunities I have and the friends I have.
Friday, October 24, 2008
In no particular order here are my favorites.
Pushing Daisies. (I LOVE the colors of this show. LOVE them.)
CSI: Miami (I like the other CSI's, but this is my favorite.)
Bones. (mmmm David Boreanaz)
Shows I do not enjoy:
Now, I realize I married the wrong guy to not like football. I will also admit to having a kind of crush on football for about 10 years until I married this guy. Now football means yelling at rowdy boys to be quiet, ignoring me, and no help with kids getting to bed...which is why I now don't enjoy football. Unless it is one of my kids. Then I am pleased to say I am starting to understand a few things. Like that Tyler's team rocks cause his first arena ball game was 36-0 and last nights game was 36-6.
As for all of the shows I watch...it's usually on the computer when I am doing displays. I create better when there is something on. Maybe that is why I am so slow...
Thursday, October 23, 2008
1. Children who argue. I realize that there is a point where kids need to be able to express them selves to grow and learn and be able to find who they are. I get that. I do NOT get it when kids argue for no reason. Seriously, if I round up to 8:05 and it is only 8:03, don't argue with me. It will make me mad and I will not send you off to school in a happy mood. Promise. For that matter, just once a day, agree with me. Please.
2. Dirty dishes in my sink. When I was little (and younger) I would do the dishes by hand because dishwashers were for other people. Not sure why. I would pretend to be a princess trapped in a castle and to get away from the evil witch I had to wash the dishes. I think perhaps now I am the evil witch and dirty dishes are just little reminders of how bad I am at time management and that makes me grumpy. Plus, even if the rest of my hosue is trashed, a clean sink makes me smile.
3. People who drive slow while talking on their cell phones. There is a fabulous invention out called a blue tooth. Invest and use it.
5. The word 'economy.' I get that we are in this huge national crisis and everyone is going bankrupt and we are all losing our homes and cars and jobs and pretty soon they are taking Santa away. I get it. Stop reminding me.
6. Feeling like I am not enough. Of anything, and it can change daily. I am not enough of a cook to satisfy my children's ever changing pallets, not enough of a maid, not organized enough, not nice enough...whatever. I just don't like it.
7. Not being a fast scrapbooker. I know that sounds like a weird one, but when you have a store and need things done quickly for display, you need to be fast. I am not.
8. Facebook. I don't get it. I am on it. I have a few friends (hi, friends!) but I don't know why I have a garden and flowers and squirrels and what do I do with them (they are cute...) and I do apologize to those who don't like friends without pictures, but well, I have none...unless you just want a generic whatever one...that I can provide. Or boobs. It seems that Q's angle is about that high and so when he takes a picture that's the image I get. (I wonder if he is being paid by Jeff?) Can someone explain...cause I just want to play the games.
9. Homework. And teachers who write snotty notes on homework in response to polite questions about said homework. Seriously. Be nice to me cause you don't want me mad. And really, I probably know my kid better than you ever will. Take my advice.
10. My size.
Things that make me happy.
1. My kids. They totally crack me up (when a certain one is arguing with me about everything) especially Q because he is coming up with some doozy's lately.
2. A clean house. It makes everyone happy, it's just taking some time to figure out that if the house is clean and I am happy, so will they be.
3. Someone surprising me and taking out the trash. I am the only girl, I should not EVER have trash duty...or toilets :)
4. Clean laundry that has been folded and put away.
5. Date nights.
7. My boys all sleeping in their own beds (ahem, Q...this means you!)
8. Sleeping all night through!
9. The minute I get to turn off the alarm the day before a weekend or a day our of school.
10. Snow days :)
11. Watching my kids play sports. Even football. Go Ty, who got a PAT last week. Woohoo!
12. Watching my kids read.
13. Watching my kids teach each other something, or just hang out together.
14. That no matter where I am, the kids follow. It makes for an interesting Sunday afternoon nap. And we all laugh that if I sit down somewhere, because the boys are all either on me or touching me.
16. Dumb jokes.
17. Jeff watching 'Scrubs'
18. Being my own boss.
19. Seeing old friends and having the feeling that you see them everyday, even when it is years.
That's not so bad. Notice how I did twice as many happy things? Sly, huh :)
Now it's your turn.
Friday, October 17, 2008
My Grandma and Aunt Lois stopped by to look at the house. I took a shower and gave Hunter a bath. Then promptly burst into tears not to stop until sometime around 5:30pm. Right after our wedding ceremony.
They messed up the music and had to start it over. I made old friends cry at the music choice...maybe even Jeff :) We used Canon in D by Pachelbel and Rose from the Titanic soundtrack.
I have heard there was food, don't remember it. I believe there was dancing (although if you ask Jeff very little of it was the two of us...he's probably right.) I know there were gifts...I still use the breadmaker. Can you believe the only two things we got multiples of were 9x13 pans. Weird.
All of his family was there. Most of mine was (Troy was on a mission and Randy my BIL had just flown back to Hawaii after his brother's wedding the week before.)
Hunter and Zakk took turns feeding each other cake like Jeff and I had.
We spent our honeymoon in San Diego and had a fantastic day in Disneyland and a day spent at Seaworld and Coronado Island.
Since then, we have added (in no particular order) three more boys, a dog, two cats, three lizards, two houses, four vehicles, a store, 3 job changes and a total of 7 years of school. There have been too many baseball, soccer and football teams to count, numerous swimming lessons and a few trips to the ER. (And many pounds, but we won't go there!) We have visited family in Nebraska, Wyoming and Washington. We have been to Utah a few times and every year he takes a weekend trip to Salmon for steelhead fishing (without me :) ) I have been to Disneyland twice (without him) and I think I am way getting the better deal.
So tonight we are having a fancy date of Roadhouse and then maybe renting a movie. Wow. we are so exciting. :)
**And happy anniversary to Dave and Julie. We decided to get married on their anniversary. Well, not really. If anyone can tell me why we REALLY got married this day I may just have a goodie for you!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
If someone gave you theater seats?
I was reading this blog a few minutes ago and she mentioned how she had found these seats at a thrift store and my mind started wandering.
It likes to do that.
They would be fun to put in the garden at the side of my house where the trees we plant die.
Or do fun pictures of the boys, but we would need four.
Or use instead of a couch.
We could take them to the drive in :) If it ever opened again.
I am just looking at these and thinking of the fantastic amount of pleasure they would give me. Just think of the fights I could overhear on family movie night :)
*photo by Karen Russell
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Often it is at my children.
Sometimes it isn't appropriate.
For instance when Hunter was working on his cell project for one of his classes and asked if it is a 'rectum' or a 'reculum.'
That could go either way, folks.
I stifled my laughter and asked to what was he actually referring.
'Reticulum?' I asked.
Then I burst out laughing.
Today's nugget was from my Qboy.
We ran to Papa Kelsey's for lunch and Q got a drink with his meal.
He wanted root beer, to which I replied, okay but it will make you burp loud.
Fast forward 20 minutes when the customer in the store looks toward the kitchen with big eyes and Q comes walking out saying 'you are right, mom. That drink does make big burps!'
This lady only had one child, a girl. Can you imagine her at my house when all the boys are around?
Friday, October 3, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
happening with Cody's team. These guys did awesome. They were plagued by a few errors that cost them one game and I think Cody must have had a record of some sort because he was hit 5 (FIVE) times. Twice by the same team in sequential at bats...the only team that beat them. Huh...suspicious me thinks. He took a short turn as pitcher and played 3rd and short stop. He was awesome at short stop. Now, I realize that Jeff and I were not there, but I KNOW he did well because we listened to the radio guy. Plus, he's Cody, which makes all the difference in the world ;)
They ended up second. Not too shabby considering the last game was rained out for a whole day and the guys were so tired. I'm pretty sure we're proud of him.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I will post photos soon :)