Sunday, July 26, 2009

I finally did it...











When we built this house we picked out all of the bits and parts before we signed on the dotted line...something about the contractor needing to know what was going where...it was nice in many ways, it saved us some stress in the last few weeks while we were stressing on whether or not our house sale would actually go through (it had fallen through once and the purchasing agent was a bit of a lush and in no hurry to do anything for his clients despite them being frustrated and ready to fire him...
anyhoo (that's such a funny word) when it came time to get it all done, the tile we had originally picked out for the master bath and the vinyl flooring we had picked out for the boys' bath was out of stock.

So much for no stress.

Our countertops were already in so I had to find something that would at least coordinate. Yikes.

I have never liked the combination in our master bath.

Ever.

I like it a LOT now.

See, Jeff used to go on fishing/hunting trips a lot more often than he does now. Things would change while he was gone. One day he went to work and a night class and I ripped out the dining room carpet and crappy kitchen vinyl and replaced it. His dad was an accessory to the crime, but I didn't tell him until after.

One weekend he went fishing. He came back to a red house...

There are other stories of a similar nature :) Needless to say it freaks him out just a bit when he leaves and I stay. This time it was the master bath. I did more than just this for those glorious three no man in the house days...but this is what surprised him the most :)

He mostly likes it. Although for him everything remaining white would be fine. Silly guy. He should have married someone else if he wanted that :)

He leaves again sometime late fall...

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

I love it! My bathroom needs some work too. I love how you framed the mirror. What a great idea! I might have to try it. You might have got my creative bug going!

JulieJ said...

very cute! love the framed mirror too

stoner said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

I framed out all my bathroom mirrors too--it makes such a big difference!

The Freed Family said...

I love it! It looks like something out of a magazine. You have great taste. Simple, yet classy!

Hilary said...

Way to go, Tina! It looks awesome!!