Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dark Knight


So Jeff conned me into seeing this last night.
Holy cow, Batman!
Let me preface this by saying in all honesty I am so not a superhero comic book kind of girl. At all. Didn't like Spiderman (it could have something to do with Tobey McGuire...but whatever) or Hellboy and well, the Fantastic 4 is okay...but really not my first choice.
However, I do enjoy a good Xmen flick (um, Hugh Jackman) and Iron Man ROCKED!! But with all of the business surrounding the late Mr Ledger, whom I can say I was smitten with in A Knight's Tale, I can say I really didn't want to go see it. Really. Like it freaked me out to even consider.
However, I must admit that I really enjoyed it. A lot. This is NOT a kid's movie. I don't know if we would let our boys even watch it at home on a small screen. Joker is amazing in his craziness and freaky quirks and Two Face is a nightmare. I know it would give at least 3 of my 4 'scary nightdreams' as my Q would put it. For a long time. It was a very dark interpretation. And funnier than we expected. And dark. Very dark. And fast. The movie is actually 2 1/2 hours long, but it doesn't seem like it. It goes and goes and I think there may have been one part when I wondered what would happen next, however, it just goes and goes.
Now I need to convince Jeff to go see Mamma Mia with me. I saw the play in Las Vegas a couple of years ago with my sister and loved it!
Enjoy your day!
PS. Christian Bale is HOT!!

2 comments:

JulieJ said...

So I dragged Tristan to Mamma Mia last night. It was interesting and different but I liked it.
I'm not sure if your blog convinced me to see Dark Knight, but I did enjoy reading your interpretation.

Lori Ann said...

Can't wait to see both these movies. Ugggggg the drive ins NOT opening this year are seriously cutting into my summer movies. :(