Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Conversations with a 3year old

So I have been talking to Quin a lot lately...all a part of that 'nurture' that I am working on...as a bit of an aside, I remember how frustrating it was for me to be telling my mom something and her to have no clue what I was talking about halfway through the story...so I am trying to listen better to my kids...they make me laugh.
A lot.
So, back to Q.
I was sitting down with him on my lap today (remember how he was always on my hip or in my arms as a baby? It hasn't changed...at all!) and said I was sad that he was going to be 4 soon. (yes, four!) he looked at me and said 'I'm not sad. I'm glad.' So I asked why and what did he want for his birthday...he rolled his eyes at me. (Yes, he is his father's son ;)) and said 'What I have ahways wanted...a lighter, you know the little kind wif fire inside so I can light candles.'
Yes, it does seem as though I have a mini pyro, doesn't it.
He isn't getting a lighter, in case you were wondering.
He is getting so big.
I love it.
I hate it.
Four is one of my favorite ages and I am sad to think this is the last time I will have it in my house. But, until the end of the month, I have a three year old and I will be enjoying (almost) every minute of it.

2 comments:

Amberly said...

Tina, that conversation with Quin made me laugh out loud! Good luck finding him the right kind of lighter!
P.S. Invite me when you go private!

Anonymous said...

I have to say the ages from 4-6 are also my favorite. During that time kids start to understand stuff but not completely and there is something in that innocence that makes what they say extra sweet and sometimes incredibly hilarious!