Thursday, January 29, 2009

I was random facted on facebook

1. I enjoy the quiet. A lot. I hate to have the TV on if it doesn't have to be because really, there is more than enough noise in my house. I mean, I have a Tyler...that's a lot of noise right there.
2. I used to dream of being surrounded by men. That backfired.
3. I like being the only girl in the house. I am always right.
4. I miss not having a daughter. I miss it especially when friends comment on a fun mommy/daughter thing they just did or will do.
5. I am fiercely protective. I may talk about you or get irritated, but if you are my child, spouse or friend I will defend you til someone bleeds :) But if it is friend versus family...watch out friend.
6. I used to want to do the F.A.C.E.S program at Louisiana State. I would LOVE to be a CSI or forensic anthropologist. However, too many boys and nowhere close enough to go to school.
7. I own a scrapbook store. Sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it.
8. I don't like it when someone tells me that I have not been through much in my life...exactly how much is much and why is what I have been through not that?
9. I love my sonic cokes. LOVE. Would marry them but my husband would get mad.
10. If I could drop everything right now (well, except those boys in my house) I would be a photographer or work in a nursery...like at Town and Country Gardens and make everyone's yards pretty...shhhh, neighbors, I know I need to take better care of my own flowers :) And yes, I would love more trees, try explaining to my husband who feels it necessary to have a sports complex instead.
11. I coached pitching machine for my boys the last two summers and will do it again this summer. I love it. The kids have so much fun and I enjoy getting to know the boys...they crack me up!
12. I love baseball. I am so glad that my kids like it and are pretty good at it. I like it a lot when we have nephews to watch play. (disclaimer...the only nephew we have watched is Cody and he is soooo good! Can't wait to see where he goes after graduation) I don't like football. I will suffer through it if a)I have no choice b) one of my kids is playing c) it's super bowl Sunday. Good news, apparently there is a spring flag football season. yay.
13. Sometimes, my son Tyler makes me want to pull out my hair...then his. I swear he would argue with a kidnapper on how to best tie the ropes.
14. I am good at explaining things. And I like to teach. Especially if I like what I am teaching.
15. I am a pretty good cook. And I LOVE it!16. I am a pretty good photographer.
17. I have a hard time with humility. I want to be the best at everything and so it's hard for me to be humble about something I am good at, even if I am not the best, but I will acknowledge if I know you are better. Oh, and by no means would I ever say that I am better than you...I would just think it...oh and I might tell Jeff, cause he agrees with me. I have stuff he likes. Like, food :)18. I can be very sarcastic. Sometimes inappropriately so. However, I am funny.
19. I am a freak about spelling. So if something is spelled wrong, it wasn't me.
20. If I were home more I would be OCD about my house. I know that right now I don't have the time...but once I am home again for good, look out. I hate being a disorganized, cluttery person. It makes me nuts. I know, my neighbors are shaking their heads, but it's either be a freak or jsut deal with it...right now, I deal.
21. I took 2 hours of art every semester in high school. My art teacher came to my wedding :)22. All of my boys have the name of a town or city somewhere in their given name.
23. I love lip gloss. And shoes. And purses or bags. but I really don't enjoy shopping so I mostly just admire from afar.
24. Someday I want to enter some of my pictures in the fair. And take photography classes.
25.My boys are truly my world. Even Jeff...I know that no matter what, having them in my life makes me a better person. I am so lucky to be stuck with stinky, sweaty smelly boys...and their lizards, and football gear, and baseball gear and soccer gear and bakugan and gameboys and tennis shoes and fishing stuff and well, you get it.

2 comments:

Amanda Gibson said...

Fun random facts, Tina. I, too, am surrounded by boys. Just not as many as you. Mostly it's great. I'm not sure how I'd do being the mother of a girl. I don't think I'm sensitive enough.

The Freed Family said...

It was fun to learn more about you! I am not sure I want to reveal any random facts, or should I say secrets, about me!